Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Are You There Blog? It's Me, Leah.

First post in a new blog. Is it weird that I'm anxious? Nervous?


Little known fact:

I used to have another blog. I wrote an anonymous blog when I was going to school in Hamilton. That blog was updated religiously for a little while (weeks? months?) and then quickly abandoned. I genuinely hope that I'm not so fickle with this one. Perhaps in the years between I've matured enough to actually maintain some sort of commitment? Ha. Who am I trying to fool? I suppose only time will tell.


A little about me for those of you who aren't fortunate enough to be graced with my presence in the flesh:

I'm a 25 year old, single, straight female. I'm three and a half credits away from graduating with my B.A. in General Arts & Sciences (a.k.a. "I dunno what to do with my life 101"). I'm a Canadian girl living in St. Catharines, Ontario.I'm very proud to be of Irish-Italian descent. I couldn't survive without art & music. I'm terrified that I may be a terrible dancer although people have assured me otherwise. I analyze things far too much for my own damn good. I like to think I'm quick-witted & sharp tongued...but I tend to be sarcastic & jaded. I love to laugh. My mind likes to spend most of its time in the gutter. I push boundaries and can sometimes be offensive. I will do just about anything for my friends. I've been told that I have "a spine of steel, a heart of gold, and balls of brass", and yet I still posses the self esteem of a 13 year old girl. I sometimes think I might be the sanest fucked up person on the planet.


Why "ghetto.punk.chic"? Why blog now?:

The handle came from commenting on my cousin's blog (Shambled Ramblings....if you haven't read it yet, leave my blog & check it out. Trust me, it's that good). It's a bit of a commentary on the paradox that is me. I look pretty punk-ish in appearance, I listen to alot of punk and alternative music, but you'd be shocked to know I can rap almost every word to Snoop Dogg's "Doggystyle" album....or Mobb Deep's "Quiet Storm"....and many more. Strange, I know. My use of street slang in everyday conversation can (at times) be quite ridiculous.

I decided to start this blog because I've been feeling pretty lost lately. There have been times when my thoughts have been spinning around my head so fast that I can't even tell which way is up. The worst part is that despite how fast my thoughts are going it seems that I'm standing still when it comes to...well, everything. I started keeping a journal and it seemed to help...so I think that this could help too. I like the idea of feedback, and belonging to a community of people who might possibly be as introspective as I tend to be.

So that, for the most part, is me. Here I am, nice to meet you....hopefully you'll enjoy getting to know me too. If nothing else, I assure you it'll be interesting.

4 comments:

TS said...

Welcome, welcome my lovely lady.

Great first post, you described yourself perfectly.

...even though, you forgot to mention your awesome bands.

:)

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Thanks Kris. Your opinion means alot to me.

...and sidebar: I have these two really wicked bands, "Tenacious Mouth" & "Obvious Gunt & The Fecal Slingers". They're pretty big in Niagara. And Japan. heh

Anonymous said...

Ummmm what about your totally awesome dance troupe?

ghetto.punk.chic said...

I can only write so much in one post ladies!!