Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Not Broken...

I'm not broken.

It may appear to you that I'm flawed....that somewhere along the line someone or something damaged me. This might be true, but it doesn't mean I'm broken.

I'm not broken.

I might not be perfect....I make mistakes, and tend to repeat them. I may from time to time make things harder than they need to be, but it doesn't mean I'm broken.

I'm not broken.

I'm not as happy as I used to be....but I'm not as sad as I know I can be. Time and experience have taught me how to numb my pain. I hurt, but it doesn't mean I'm broken.

I'm not broken.

I seem to be a pet project that you say you are trying to fix, but your actions always make things worse. You beat yourself up, painting yourself as the martyr...but it still doesn't make me broken.

Even if I was, I wouldn't need you to fix me. I can fix myself.....

But I'm not broken.

2 comments:

William said...

read your posts.

some where insightful, such as this one. Not insightful about you, but about me.

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Thankyou William. This is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my writing.

You made my day.